- 2 pork tenderloins
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and cut into slivers
- salt and pepper
- 3 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup of chicken or beef broth
- 1/2 cup white wine (or Prosecco left over from New Year’s Eve)
- 2 medium sized apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 can sauerkraut
- Preheat oven to 400° F. With the tip of a sharp knife, make deep little slits all over the tenderloin and insert the garlic slivers. Season with salt, pepper and 2 tsp cumin.
- Heat the oil in a skillet on medium high heat and sear the tenderloin well on all sides (about 5 minutes).
- Remove the tenderloins from the skillet (do not discard the juices in the skillet) and place in a roasting pan. Add the
broth andwhite wine to the roasting pan. Cover and roast in the oven at 400°F for 20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145 deg F.
- After you’ve placed the tenderloins in the oven, cook the apple slices in the same skillet. Sauté until soft. Add the sauerkraut and 1 tsp cumin and cook together for another minute or two. Prepare dumpling mix according to the recipe on the box (mix 2 1/4 cups of Bisquick and 2/3 cup milk).
- After 20 minutes of roasting, remove tenderloins from oven and place on a cutting board. Cover with aluminum foil and let rest for 10 minutes. Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees.
- Meanwhile, add apples and sauerkraut to the roasting pan. Top with dumplings, cover, and place back in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, slice the pork, serve, and enjoy a lucky New Year.